WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT
HAVING THE CORRECT POST
EXERCISE RECOVERY NUTRITION
The ultimate goal of post exercise recovery is to help you fully recover and prepare for the next practice or competition. Consistently consuming a mix of foods and fluids high in carbohydrates and protein (in the right amounts and at the right time) enables you to more rapidly prepare for exercise the next day. Prolonging post-exercise refueling stalls your body in a “breakdown” mode, taking it longer to recover once you do eat.
Waiting a few hours after workouts and competitions to eat and drink appropriate foods and fluids with energy delays exercise recovery. While you may not feel like eating a large meal or a lot of solid food right after training, getting used to a small snack or liquid recovery drink can be the difference-maker for many athletes, especially during heavy training periods. Recovery nutrition is a small nutritional habit that can have a huge impact on performance.
RECOVERY NUTRITION KEYS
(1) Recovery nutrition is very important for athletes training hard daily, competing in multiple games or events within a day or two, or training multiple times per day
(2) A well-designed recovery nutrition plan can play a critical role in replacing energy stores, repairing muscle tissue, and making maximal athletic gains
(3) Taking in fluids, carbohydrates, and protein post-workout and post-competition are essential recovery components for replenishing your body
(4) Studies show that beginning to eat or drink your recovery meal or snack within 30 minutes after a hard workout or competition is ideal
(5) Increased blood flow to your working muscles post-exercise allows for rapid nutrient replacement
(6) Focusing on energy-containing fluids can be a good first step toward replenishing your muscles without causing stomach upset
Athletes should have choices when it comes to choosing the correct post exercise recovery nutrition. The objective of nutrition is to build a better body - period!
Every meal that you plan is important. But by far the most important meal of the day is...30-60 MINUTES AFTER YOUR TRAINING SESSION! Get this wrong and ...Suffer the Consequences!!
You must consume the proper muscle building foods consisting of a precise formulated mixture of fast-absorbing carbohydrates combined with high-concentration proteins. If not -
(1) your performance will suffer the next time you train
(2) you'll likely lose muscle along the way
(3) you risk destroying your fat-burning metabolism, losing 20% of the gains you otherwise would have made.
The simple fix is to consume a precisely calculated meal immediately after your workout to support your goals - whether it's burning fat, building muscle, or dramatically improving your athletic performance.
One side of success and productivity is having the correct strength training routines and fitness training programs. The other is having the proper Post Exercise Recovery Nutrition supporting your strength and conditioning workouts. "WHY?" Deprive your body of the nutrients it needs and you may as well flush your training efforts down the toilet.
TAKE THE GUESSWORK OUT OF PLANNING
YOUR NEXT POST WORKOUT MEAL
POST EXERCISE RECOVERY INFORMATION
POST EXERCISE ENERGY DRINK
BACK TO SPORTS NUTRITION SUPPLEMENTS